Day 28_30 I think

13 May

Whew.  What a crazy few days.  Had a good trip to La Veta.  Judy and I arrived in Trinidad Saturday morning around 9:50 am. Denny and Meeko and Jumper were there to greet us. Didn’t get a lot of sleep but we were able to do quite a bit before a little nap that afternoon.  The RV park looked wonderful.  It was unbelievable how much work had been done.  Denny is still very focused on projects that need to be done. Main focus is making some new fencing to hide all the debris they have cleaned up. We thought we would be able to burn it up but now will have to haul it to the dump which will take several trips. Judy and I were able to set up quite a bit ofthe Quickbooks. I update our reservations for the season.  Judy was able to enter our receipts from the week and today Denny made our first deposit! Sunday we had a couple come in who said they stop there every year on their way home from winter traveling. Another couple came in from Denver scouting around where they want to camp for summer. Hopefully they will pick us. We are going to meet so many people this year from all over.
It wasnt all work and no play. Judy rode Dennys bicycle up to Cuchara and back Sunday with, Sandy, Diane, Vince, and Ann. She rode 25 miles which was cool. Denny and I went to church and I got caught up with several friends.
We left Trinidad about 7 pm which was over an hour late. We arrived in Topeka about 6 am.  After doing some shopping I headed home.I was so sleepy coming I ate 2 tootsie pops. Yech.  I think I was asleep within 10 minutes after getting home. After waking up after about 3 hours, I got going on some projects. Changed the date for the moving trailer to be moved to next Tuesday. Designed and ordered rv park business cards. Booked
a flight to Paris with my friend Margie for October. And tried to stay off my feet as much as possible.. I was so surprised how much I was standing in one place visiting with people who came into the office. Denny is going to purchase me a stool to use behind the counter. I felt bad that I couldnt do more pysical work, but just not yet.
Heading to Arkansas for rest of the week to see my Mom.  Talked to my sister Judy and if everything works out right, she and Marvin will bring Mom out to LaVeta in June. that would be so cool. It will be fun to show it to the family.
I’m going to Topeka on my way out of town to take this piece of crap Samsung tablet back . I am so frustrated with the touch screen, I could go tbrow it into the lake. 
Thats it for now.  Beautiful weather today.


2 Responses to “Day 28_30 I think”

  1. Margie Fieger 05/13/2013 at 10:58 pm #

    The answers to all my questions after we got off the phone are answered! Please give your mom my love, I will email her soon. I’m so excited about the trip but it seems so unreal! Take care of your feet – you will need them sooner than we know

  2. Mitzi Keairns 05/14/2013 at 4:06 am #

    Have fun with your momma! i do hope that she gets to come out to LaVeta this summer. I would be delighted to meet such a remarkable woman!! Take care of your foot and we will look forward to seeing you soon. Only 2 more days with these defective body parts. Yipee. I will be glad to get that behind me!!!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: